Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 15 Alesund, Norway


What a picture perfect sail into Alesund…..  There wasn’t a ripple in the water and the reflections were fantastic.  I can’t believe that I was the only person on the forward decks snapping photos.  I guess it is just too early for some of the photographers onboard.  After arrival, I climbed up to the top of Mt. Aksla for the view of the city & harbor.  It was a magnificent view, enough to justify the 418 steps that were needed to get to the top.  I spent the rest of the day meandering around the city, seeing some beautiful sights.  I am so in love with the beauty of Norway…..  simply amazing!
































































7 comments:

  1. Holy reflections Tanman! Beautiful both above and below the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. holly, that is the greatest post! thanks, you made me smile this morning!!! great sense of humor. beachlady.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe there was nobody else out taking photos! Lucky for us you were there. The reflection pictures are great! I really love the one with the clouds reflected!
    Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. #22 is awesome! Hope to be able to capture something like that when I'm in the fjords next year. The reflection of the sky in the still water is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alesund, Norway
    Thanks for the memories ... loved Alesund!

    Enjoying all your pixs ... per usual!

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing awesome reflective pictures. Simply breath taking
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! Norway stole my heart in 2003 when I was there, and again in 2010. Am anxious to get back and do the fjord cruise. Jeg elsker Norge!

    ReplyDelete