Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 14 Geiranger, Norway






































































This morning was one of the most amazing sailings I have ever experienced….  I got up very, very early again, this time for Geirangerfjord as we sailed to Geiranger.  The scenery was just magnificent.  The water was so still that ever shot almost was the most incredible reflection photo.  I couldn’t take enough photos as we sailed in and then…. once I got ashore I rode up to the scenic viewpoints at Flydalsjuvet and Dalsnibba.  I was blown away be the majestic scenes that I was witnessing.  This has to be one of nature’s very special places.  It is no wonder that it was named a World Heritage Site…..  I recommend that everybody come here at some point in their life to see and experience the beauty and majesty of Norway Fjords…..  What a wonderful day!  This blog will probably be late posting since there is no satellite connection inside this deep fjord.  Scratch that, just went back ashore to use the local internet.....

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the preview! Going there next May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff fantastic photos. Did you feel any similarity to new zealand. I have not seen any photos from the bridge?... Sending our love. Sandra and Allan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for the postings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos again! Seems like mother nature smiled upon you today!! So glad you enjoy my beautiful country :-)
    Kirsti (Norway)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeff,

    Wonderful photos of magnificent scenery. We are doing a 16 day cruise of northern Norway next June and we will be visitng both Hellesylt and Geiranger so your photos have come at a great time. We are so looking forward to seeing this part of Norway.

    Jennie (Aussie Gal)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful absolutly beautiful! Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allan & Sandra, this place is more beautiful than New Zealand, in my opinion. Re: Bridge, wasn't invited....

    ReplyDelete