Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 137 Funchal, Madeira (Part 1 of 2)

We sailed into Funchal under the cover of darkness this morning…  I got off the ship bright and early and headed out to explore Funchal, a place I have visited on 3 prior occasions.  Fist, I headed to the Mercado de Lavradores…  I always figure market are a good place to capture some of the local color.  Then I decided to head up, via cable car, to Monte.  The views of the city on the way up are fantastic.  Once on the top I decided to take another cable car to the Botanical Gardens, one of the best around.  I just loved all the plants and flowers.  Speaking of flowers….  It was that time of year when they have their Flower Festival.  I headed back down to the city to explore some more and capture some of the sights of the Flower Festival.  On the way I found the coolest street where they had so many doors that were turned into pieces of artwork, simply amazing.  Back in town I took many photos and ran into a number of friends…  I had lunch with Renee & Rene befroe heading back.  On the way back I ran into Allan & Sandra….  It was such a good day that, once again I have done two blo postings…  Part ! and Part 2, Oh well, why not, it is our last port of call on this World Voyage.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. My parents (Don & Jane) shared your blog with me. I've been following it for a while now and will be sad to see your trip end! Thanks for sharing your fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete