Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 134 At Sea

Today was a bit of a bonus, the sun was out and when the wind wasn’t blowing it was very pleasant to sit out by the pool.  That was nice after a very troubling night.  Apparently, I either lost my credit cards and driver’s license  or was pickpocketed in Barcelona…..  What a huge pain!  I don’t know what happened but since Barcelona is well known for the dangers presented by pickpocketers, who knows…..  I spent a lot of time making calls back to the USA and sending emails to mitigate the damage and replace the lost items.  Oh well, life goes on…..  I have started packing for my trip home on the 28th…  Why so early?  I brought a lot of stuff….  I do look forward to seeing my friends and family.

 

8 comments:

  1. Jeff, so sorry to think you may have been targeted by a Barcelona pickpocket. My wife had the same experience on Las Ramblas in 2010. I love you Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks! So sorry you have to be faced with replacing credit cards and your license. We were very worried when we traveled to BCN but came away unscathed.

    Sorry for your predicament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness. If there is anything that I could help with I'd be glad to. Fingers crossed that you got everything in the works to stop anything fraudulent from happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your trouble. What do you mean we're going home already!
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff,

    What a horrible way to finish such a great day. We have quite a few friends who have been pickpocketed or had their bag snatched whilst in Barcelona. We have been lucky so far but one has to keep their guard up all the time and that makes one so weary.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything worked out ok. Jo and I are leaving Lauderdale on the 26th. We'll wave to you on about the 27th on our way to the Azores. We will be getting back just before Memorial Day; hopefully we will see then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your family is looking forward to seeing you as well. :)

    Sorry for your troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your loss & inconvenience.
    Pleased you still have your camera!
    Catching up on your wonderful posts.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete