Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 130 Naples, Italy

Today turned out a lot different than expected…  First of all, the weather was rainy all day, bummer.  Secondly, I was on a tour to the Amalfi coast, or at least I thought I was…  Turns out there was one less seat than needed in the van.  I was the logical choice to leave since I was the last to sign up and, I’m the only one who has been to the Amalfi coast before.  So… I decided to tour Naples on foot despite the inclement weather…  First stop, I headed for the high ground, Castel St Elmo, high on the hill overlooking all of Naples.  The view from up there is spectacular even in the rain.  I must have spent over an hour there before leaving to walk back down into Naples….  The walk alone was very interesting, at one point I was completely lost and really didn’t care.  The neighborhood I was in gave me a bit of concern but I trudged on ahead.  Once down, I walked the streets for quite a while and even visited the Galleria Umberto and Castel Nuovo.  After I returned to the ship it was time to go to the Spa and have a nice long massage from Ping…..  Nice way to finish a dreary day.

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I for one am happy you didn't have a seat on the van!! :o)

    ReplyDelete