Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 61 Ushuaia, Argentina



We arrived in Ushuaia in the wee hours of the morning as I slept.  I was last here in 2010 when I went to Tierra del Fuego for the day.  Today I went into town and hiked all over the place before joining up with Allan & Sandra….  We had a delightful day exploring Ushuaia and having a wonderful lunch.  Aart & Ton also joined us for lunch and it was a great time with friends.  Tomorrow we will be in Punta Arenas, Chile…  After that, we don’t know for sure….  The Captain announced today that there is a major storm in the Pacific with 50 foot waves and we will stay an extra day in Punta Arenas and see what the storm does.  They are actively looking at what changes to the itinerary have to take place.  I am afraid that Easter Island may be at risk….. bummer.  Based on recent events, looking to the future, I suspect our stops in Egypt will be at risk as well…..

2 comments:

  1. Still looking for a pic of you in your " hat " purchased while in ABQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, your blog is addictive. Met you on board recent 22 day Panama Cruise. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete