Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 46 Sailing into Rio de Janeiro (Part 1 of 2)

I was so excited about Rio this morning that I didn’t sleep very well last night.  I got up at 5:00 am to assure I would be out before sunrise.  All was going according to plan with an incredible sun rise until we sailed into the fog bank.  I must admit that the foggy conditions dampened my ability to take photos of Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer…..  Oh well, it was still very exciting.  I did it again…..  I will be doing two posts today.  The first (this one) deals with the sail into Rio and the second deals with my touring of Rio today….

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures of the sail in! I am glad you didn't sleep in, because the sunrise pictures are wonderful!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have fixed up the cruise terminal since April 2010. But the old decrepit one had a lot of charm.

    ReplyDelete