Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 7 Sedona, Arizona

Just another day in paradise....  Everywhere you turn here you see beautiful sights.  The natural wonders here never cease to amaze me.  This morning we headed our very early for the Palatki Cultural Site to see the cave dwellings and petro glyphs.  Too bad we didn't read our literature on the site that said it didn't open until 9:30....  Oh well, off to other things.  We ended up going to Montezuma's Well, followed by Montezuma's Castle...both National Monuments.  The ancient ruins were very nice, especially the castle... nice cliff dwelling.  Then we went up the airport road to a bluff overlooking the city for great views...  This is were we went last night for sunset.  Next up, back to Palatki...  Unfortunately the cliff dwelling was closed but we did get to see the petro glyphs...  We continued down the road to another ancient site for cliff dwellings, Honanki...  The cliff dwelling and petro glyphs were much more impressive that Palatki... nice.   Then the highlight of the day....  We were going down this dirt road coming back from Honanki when we came across a very large snake (about 6 feet).  We stopped the car and started taking pictures...  The problem was that he was slithering away from us, inhibiting my ability to get a good photo.  So what do you do?  I decided to make him stop by making him angry enough to want to strike me.  I pitched a few stones in his direction and before you knew it he was coiled up and ready to strike....  I was about 4-5 feet away from him when I asked Brad how far they can it strike and he informed me that it was further than the distance I was to him....  I did move back a foot or two... can't be too careful, especially when you are the one who pissed off the snake....  What a Great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment