Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 4 Canyon de Chelly (Part 2)

So, .... the Canyon de Chelly, pronounced Canyon de "Shay" is the second largest Canyon in the USA.  Have you heard of it?  Many of you probably haven't previously heard of it.  I hadn't until I was doing some research for this trip.  It is simply amazing...  so beautiful.  This morning at breakfast, Brad & I met a Navajo tour operator for 4WD canyon tours.  We went for it since the only way to do it is with a Navajo guide.  We met our guide, Daniel, around 8:00 am and we were off.  It is a very bumpy ride, my bones will be loose for a month.  The tour was simply magnificent...  The canyon is incredible and the ruins, fantastic.  I think Brad & I took over 500 photos each....  Here are a selection of photos from the day which tell the story much better than I can.  It was so amazing, I have done a seperate post for both the morning tour inside the canyon and the afternoon touring the rim of the canyon so I could include more photos for this very special place.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, you are doing it again...influencing where I want to go next year!! Great pics!!
    kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted on the first entry, but I meant both. The best Allan and Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I went to one of those red rock parks (Arches), my friend and I had a fabulous time seeing what the rocks looked like. One of your photos here looks like an old Testament prophet with a backpack! See what you can find!

    Haven't been to Canyon de Chelly yet, but it's on my list for next time. I had heard of it, just couldn't fit it in with our other itinerary.

    ReplyDelete