Thursday, August 4, 2011

Roadtrip to Savannah Georgia....

I'm off once again...  This time it's off to Savannah & Tybee Island.  I have always loved Savannah.... great place.  I also love Tybee Island, just 15 minutes away for some great beach time.  On the way down I did something I've never done before....  I stopped at "South of the Border" a tourist spot just as you get into South Carolina from North Carolina.  I have been by here many times but never stopped because I just thought it was some tacky tourist spot.  Today I'm happy to report that I stopped and sure enough, it is a very tacky and crappy stop....  Anyway, I was on my way again and reached Tybee Island around 3:00 in the afternoon.  There was time to head to the beach so...... it was beach bound.  What a great idea.  Today was so hot and the water felt great.  Tonight it was dinner at an Asian Fusion Restaurant which was great.  Tomorrow I am hoping for a little touring, photo taking and lots of beach time...

5 comments:

  1. How can you dis South of the Border? We spent the night there several years ago while on a roadtrip. Also, watch the parking police at Tybee Island. We stopped long enough to visit the lighthouse and found a parking ticket on our car when we returned to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK.... so I dissed South of the Border. I did get a magnet there....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get a t-shirt too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No tshirt... perhaps on the return trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are ever at Tybee, try North Beach Grill. Its right next to the lighthouse and very yummy.

    ReplyDelete